Bryan is a sought-after keynote speaker, having addressed organizations, campuses, and events on three continents. For example: The National Endowment for the Humanities, Sloan Consortium, University of Michigan, Consortium of Liberal Arts Colleges (CLAC), Maricopa Community Colleges, Northern Voice, Penn State.
To book Bryan as a speaker, contact him here.
You can see some of Bryan’s content on the Web, via Slideshare. Bryan tries to avoid death by PowerPoint, so he sometimes uses alternative media, like Prezi (example) or no digital material at all (here).
Selected speaking engagements:
- “OCLC Symposium: The Hope and Hype of MOOCs” (ALA Midwinter in Philadelphia, PA January 24, 2014)
- “The Visible College: Four Futures for Higher Education“, University of Mary Washington, March 15, 2012.
- “Futures of Higher Education: Three Scenarios.” Address to Trinity University for curricular review process, answering question “How can liberal arts education prepare students to address the challenges of 2022?”. Sept 8, 2011. Video stream.
- “Imagining the Future of Education: Scenarios for Learning After Technology“
- Keynote to Sloan-C Emerging Technologies for Online Learning conference, San Jose, July 11, 2011.
- “Five Ways of Looking at the Liberal Arts Campus in 2015″ . Keynote for Consortium for Liberal Arts Colleges. June 16, 2010, Dickinson College. Materials.
- “The Futures of Academia”. Presentation to World Future 2010, July 10, Boston.
- “Social Media is Killing the LMS Star”, presentation for the 2009 OpenEd conference.
(photo by Andrew Connell, Dickinson College)