As an experienced and proven futurist, Bryan Alexander is a sought-after keynote speaker. He has addressed educational organizations, campuses, and events on five continents. Clients as diverse the National Endowment for the Humanities, Sloan Consortium, Middlebury College, the Nordbio Conference (Reykjavik), University of Michigan, the Consortium of Liberal Arts Colleges (CLAC), Maricopa Community Colleges, Northern Voice, Penn State, and NASIG have all been informed, challenged, delighted, and inspired through Bryan’s talks.
To book Bryan as a speaker, contact him here.
You can see some of Bryan’s content on the Web, via Slideshare. Bryan tries to avoid death by PowerPoint, so he sometimes uses alternative media, like Prezi (example) or no digital material at all (here).
Here are video recordings of some selected speaking engagements:
- Metropolitan State University of Denver, May 2017, recorded (starts at 19:08)
- “Where is Higher Education Going?” Keynote address to INTED2017, Valencia:
- “How Education Can Help Us Build Sustainable Societies“, NordBio conference, Reykjavik, 2016.
- “OCLC Symposium: The Hope and Hype of MOOCs” (ALA Midwinter in Philadelphia, PA January 24, 2014)
- “The Visible College: Four Futures for Higher Education“, University of Mary Washington, March 15, 2012.
- “Futures of Higher Education: Three Scenarios.” Address to Trinity University for curricular review process, answering question “How can liberal arts education prepare students to address the challenges of 2022?”. Sept 8, 2011. Video stream.
- “Imagining the Future of Education: Scenarios for Learning After Technology“
- “Five Ways of Looking at the Liberal Arts Campus in 2015″ . Keynote for Consortium for Liberal Arts Colleges. June 16, 2010, Dickinson College. Materials.
- “Social Media is Killing the LMS Star”, presentation for the 2009 OpenEd conference.
(photo by Andrew Connell, Dickinson College)